Authors Around the World on Books & Brews Light

I am always interviewing authors on Books and Brews and Books and Brews Light. Our most recent guests were both Authors Around the World and write very different books.

Dr. Efrat Ron writes on living with trauma. She talks briefly about her own traumatic experiences but more importantly, what things help us heal and move on from traumatic experiences, to live our fullest, happiest lives, to move on from traumatic events to live our best lives. Her words of benefit to virtually everyone in how we live happier, more fulfilling lives. We talked in particular about gratitude and what a difference that makes to mental health. 

Give a like to her video and a subscribe to my channel. It helps the channel to grow. Better yet, leave a comment! It helps put our videos out to others.



This past month, I also spoke with Erik Kitaev (ki-TIE-ev) who, at 13 is the youngest author I've interviewed. I think the oldest is Margaret Anderson who was in her 80s or possibly 90s when I talked with her. She has been writing since the 1970s, including both children's fiction and non-fiction. As a side note, she is the author of my favorite childhood novel, In the Keep of Time, and it is one of the highlights of my life that I got to not only interview her on Books and Brews, but have lunch with her at her home in Oregon.

Erik has just released his second novel. The first is sci-fi and the second set in medieval Bohemia. He talks about what inspired him to research and write a novel in medieval Bohemia.  Because my last name is of Bohemian origin, I of course found this interesting. But I think his path to studying medieval Bohemian history is interesting all the same. Tune in!

Apart from Books & Brews, we've had a busy month here at Glenmirril. We've had two little rams whose horns have grown in wrong because of being broken off when they were young. The vet came to deal with that, arriving literally minutes after we got home from the airport, with my son coming to visit for the first time with his girlfriend. She was thrown immediately into helping us wrangle sheep, separating the two rams who had just had horns sawn off from the others, to protect them from jostling. 

Most recently on the full Books and Brews podcast, we've just interviewed DV Chernov, whose novels range from the historical Russian Civil War of 1918 to modern-day mysteries in Colorado. Watch for that to go live soon! For this interview, Chris concocted his own cocktail based on traditional Siberian drinks which include fermented mare's milk. I admit, I was afraid to try it....tune in to see how it turned out! 

I am offering a free copy of any one of DV Chernov's books for the winner of the best name for Chris's cocktail based on fermented mare's milk!

Coming up on Books and Brews Light is Kevin Bush, who talks about facing the difficulties in life and asking...how much are we, ourselves, to blame?  We'll also be talking with Cynthia Preston who writes fantasy, Rick Sorenson on Arts: the Church's Response, and many more. 

 ~ ~ ~

If you would like to follow this blog, sign up HERE
If you like an author's posts, please click like and share
It helps us continue to do what we do

If you like this article, you may also like:

Books & Brews: Murder on Madeline Island

A Trip to Ireland with Tom Dahill

Legend and Lore with SB Darkmoor

If you'd like to see more of our animals at Glenmirril, check out my blog there.

If you'd like notecards, puzzles, and more with our Farm Photography, check out our store at Zazzle.

Find the Blue Bells Chronicles at amazon or order them at any brick & mortar store:


Comments

Popular Posts