Wild Mountain Thyme at Smailholm Castle





Years ago, my favorite childhood novel was In the Keep of Time, by Margaret J. Anderson.  So it was a thrill, this past summer on my third research trip to Scotland, to finally be able to get to Smailholm Tower.  The inside has been refurbished since the days Margaret knew it, and hence is very different now from what she described.  But I could still see it all.  I could still find the face carved on the fireplace frame, just as she described it.


In my on-going quest to play Scottish folk songs at Scottish locales, here I am playing Wild Mountain Thyme, one of my favorite songs, as befits the setting of one of my favorite books.

If you enjoyed this video, you might also like:

Other posts filed under the MUSIC label


If you enjoy an author's posts, please like and share.
It helps us continue to do what we do!

Comments

Popular Posts