Tallulah Grace, Paranormal Writer

Please welcome today Tallulah Grace, author of paranormal romance.  Paranormal stories, whether that involves time travel, psychic abilities, ghosts, or so many more areas, are always fun as they explore the worlds of what if beyond our normal experience.  Maybe they're fun because they're areas long studied by scientists, and yet, we still don't know.  Without further ado, here's Tallulah on her writing.

L: Tell us a little about yourself, your background, and what led you to writing.

T: I have a B.S. in Psychology and a background in business, but I’ve always been a writer. Most young children draw, I scribbled.

L: I think one of the things that's so interesting about talking to other writers is the myriad of backgrounds from which they come.  Who would guess that psychology and business would lead to paranormal fiction!  Tell us a little bit about your three books, Fate, Spellbound and Destiny.

A: Each book revolves around the lives of three close-knit women, Kris, Roni and Cassie. In Fate, the first book in the series, Kris is stalked by a serial killer. It’s the most suspenseful of the three, but there’s a bit of romance thrown in as well. Spellbound finds Roni discovering that she’s a witch while fighting her heart’s desire—a stubborn man who doesn’t want to love her any more than she wants to love him. How does she not realize she’s a witch, you ask?  Roni suppressed her magick along with her true self for years. When her life settles, her true powers emerge. In Destiny, Cassie deals with the fact that she has lived—and loved—many times before, but always with the same man. This man haunts her dreams throughout each book, but we meet him in Destiny and follow their journey back to each other in this life.

L: I like the aspect of all three books tying together, yet each focusing on a different woman and story.  I'm hearing more and more writers lately doing this.  What paranormal aspects will readers find in your books?

T: Kris is precognitive; she has visions and dreams of the terror that awaits her.  Roni is magickal, but not until Spellbound. She shows us her gregarious, fiercely protective friendship in Fate. In both Fate and Spellbound, Cassie opens the door to reincarnation, but she takes us through it in Destiny.

L: I love hearing the paths writers followed to their chosen genre.  For me, my background in music, in a sense, led me to time travel, although it was only one factor.  What drew you to writing about the paranormal?

T: Maybe it springs from hearing too many ghost stories growing up, but I’ve always had a fascination for paranormal topics and events. Friends of mine have experienced extreme paranormal activity, which fuels the fire of my imagination, but that’s the topic of a yet-to-be-written book.

L: I'm looking forward to hearing those stories!  What do you think it is in human nature that is so drawn to stories of the mysterious and unexplained?

T: Whether we wish to admit it or not, we’ve all had experiences that are out of the realm of “normal.” The phone rings just seconds after you know it will or a sense of déjà vu makes you stop and think twice. Mysterious, unexplained events may trigger lost memories or simply send a delicious shiver along our spine, but they also show us that there’s more to this life than what we see.

L: True.  What is your favorite of the three stories?

T: I love Fate, especially because readers tell me that they didn’t know what was going to happen. Spellbound speaks to me in a different way; I love the storyline that develops between Roni and her love interest. My favorite of the three is Destiny. It’s the most romantic, with poignant moments that speak to the romance in my soul. The tag line says it best: “When one lifetime just isn’t enough.” Who wouldn’t want a love like that?

L: I think everyone dreams of a love that great!  What books are in your future?

T: One of the minor characters in Fate and Destiny intrigues me, so I think she has a future book of her own. I also plan to compile a book of true ghost stories detailing the activities my friends have lived through.

L: Thanks, Tallulah.  Do you have videos or links to your books?

T: View the book trailers for Fate and Spellbound hereFate, Spellbound and Destiny are available at Amazon separately or as a compilation.  Stop by and visit my website, www.tallulahgrace.com for more details.

L:  Thanks so much for being here today, Tallulah!  It's a pleasure talking to you, and I look forward to reading your work!

Comments

Popular Posts