News and Reviews and Interviews, Oh My!

At my children's school, they have "Ketchup and Relish" time: those who didn't do their work stay in to catch up, and those who did their work go outside for...relish.

Today, I am definitely in the Ketchup category. It's been a crazy week, with no spare hours to post.

In addition to guest blogging at Blogging Authors on the Butterfly Effect, and at Literarily Speaking on "A Day in the Life," there have been several reviews posted of Blue Bells of Scotland, excerpts of which are posted here.

Sharon, at Sharon's Garden of Book Reviews, says:

This fascinating book is filled with history, romance, mystery and humor as well as a bit of time traveling to boot! I literally could not put this book down and spent the entire night in Inverness, Scotland until the wee hours of the dawn with the fabulous cast of characters that author Laura Vosika has created.

I was especially impressed at the way Vosika wove into the story an underlying story of faith, and how important his relationship with God was to Naill, the Scottish Warrior who had been plunked down in the middle of today's world. It's not "in your face," but the message of hope is there, as comforting and warm as an inspirational message should be. Very well done.

Marta at Marta's Meanderings, gave this review:

This book is fun, exciting and will keep you enthralled with this very original story. If you are like me, you will have a hard time putting it down to get anything else done. I was completely caught up in the story and absolutely loved it! It takes a talented writer to keep switching from medieval to modern times without it being an awkward transition, but Vosika manages to make that switch effortlessly. She takes two characters who are complete opposites, but happen to look identical, inserts them into the cultures of the other, separated by centuries, and makes it all work. This book is a treat to say the least.

DK at DK's Everything Romance, said:

Laura Vosika has a way with words and made this story come to life and I just love being swept away with a great read. I also like the fact that I thought I knew what was going to happen and then was surprised when something different than I expected happened.

From Must Read Faster:

Really, I loved this story! The characters grew on me as I read. I loved the way that Laura Vosika used time travel theme, but didn't make it at all seem cheesy....I completely and utterly devoured Blue Bells!

The book was very nicely written, very strong storyline and again awesome characters. I loved how they developed as the story went along. The ending is sad and I have no idea how the story will go!

An interview has been posted at As The Pages Turn and you can find Ten Fun Facts at Beyond the Books.

Coming soon, the tour stops of the last couple of days!

Comments

Popular Posts