Reading at Art Shanties Project

I'll be reading today at 1:05 and again at 2:10 pm at the Art Shanties Project, in the Vehicle of Expression.  This should be fun.  It's about two dozen ice shanties--yes sitting out on the iced-over White Bear Lake--showcasing various arts.  I haven't been to this before, but have been told by reliable sources--okay, one source, and I don't actually know that he's reliable--that it's good.  Anyway, come on out and give it a try.

I'll be reading a scene from Blue Bells of Scotland, and possibly a poem or two.  We only get five minutes.  I'll talk fast!

If you enjoyed the post about Eric Tu, I see he's also on the schedule.

This Friday, February 10, at 7 pm, Genny Kieley and I will be reading from our books at Magers and Quinn.  Genny's books are much loved in the Twin Cities, as she recounts the history of North Minneapolis and talks about growing up in the 50s and 60s.  I'll be reading from Food and Feast: a gastronomic historic poetic muscal romp in thyme.  And...complimentary wine!  (Doesn't that sound so much more elegant than free liquore?)  Plus, come and sample a medieval dessert.  Free and open to the public.

I'll be reading again on the Vehicle of Expression  next Sunday, February 12, at 11:10 am and 1:00 pm, and Sunday, February 19 at 11:00 am.

On Saturday, Friday 25, at 8 am. Michael Agnew and I will again co-host Books and Brews with Laura Vosika on the Food Freedom program on AM 950 here in the Twin Cities.  This month's edition, we'll be talking with Ross Fishman about Russian writing, and sampling several Russian beers, and an English beer favored by Catherine the Great.  Surely you'l...RUSH IN...for this program!  The link to the show will always be posted here afterward.



COMING UP:
  • February 10, 2017, 7 pm: I'll be reading and signing books at Magers and Quinn with Genny Kieley.  Complimentary wine and a medieval dessert!
  • February 5, 12, and 19, I'll be reading on the Vehicle of Expression, part of the Art Shanty Project
  • February 25, 2017: I will co-host Food Freedom on AM 950 with Laura Hedlund and Karen Olson Johnson.  Guests: Michael Agnew, craft beer expert and Ross Fischman on Russian literature.  We'll taste Russian beer: listen to the whole program from last month.

To learn more about my books, click on the images below.

If you would like to follow this blog, sign up HERE
If you like an author's posts, please click like and share
It helps us continue to do what we do

If you liked this article, you might also like
Medieval Poetry: When the Nightingale Sings
Poetry and Beer
other posts under the POETRY label

 

Comments

Popular Posts